Went to Korea last month (June) so here was what I did! 😀
Jeju (5days)-> Busan (4days) -> Seoul (3days)
Jeju Day 1:
- Stayed: Jeju Resort (Airbnb)
- Evening: walked at the beach
- Dinner: seafood place nearby. The Abalone porridge was quite nice (although I didn’t find any Abalone…?) and then seafood hotpot. The ajummas were super friendly and cute which was nice c:
- Climbed hallasan – SO exhausting (>5h total). But so worth it cos the view was superb. Luckily I saw insta before going, that ppl packed food like gimbap so we also did and ate there around lunch time. Met a friendly ajussi while climbing and chatted a bit.
- Osulloc tea museum – innisfree shop was unfortunately closed.. Bought the set to eat there – cake & tea & bought some tea back as souvenirs.
- Dinner: Chicken and beer at jeju town
- Shopping street
- GD Monsant cafe – Pretty cafe with super nice view of the sea. Took many pictures there. But the food (dessert, cakes) was so-so and I tried the royal milk tea, which was labelled ‘HIT’, – not nice..
- Lunch: ate at a ramen seafood shop nearby. Walked: at the nearby small gifts shops as well
- Shinhwa Theme park (20+sgd from KKday) – super empty lel. Like the rides had no queue and was mostly only us at a time. 1 of the roller-coaster was quite fun and I rode it like 3, 4 times. All their rides were the spinning type.
- Duty-free shop – walked at the mall near to the theme park
- Chill: at Guemneung beach nearby (actually wanted to go to hyeopjae but taxi driver said this one was prettier and it was right beside the hyeopjae so stopped there instead)
- Dinner: Dongmun Traditional Market – all the food stalls, like Taiwan night Market. Ate the big corn dog (with cheese and sausage inside yumz), some (lobster?) toast thing. Also had a set of Abalone, prawn. And had meat cubes thing which was good.
- Bought soju, beer from e-mart – drinking night with friends
- Lunch: Ginseng chicken soup – at a famous place. Tasted very healthy (abittt too bland for my taste) & portion was so big.
- Manjanggul cave – was SOO COLD. Cave inside was pretty cool although I still don’t really get the science behind it, all the volcanic lava and stuff. Has the tallest column in the world apparently.
- Checked in: at Airbnb right at the bottom of seongsan. And the view around was really nice.
- Dinner: Black pork BBQ – recommended by the airbnb owner. SOOO DELICIOUS. Best samgyeopsal (?) EVER. really juicy. And I can almost use the phrase: melt in your mouth, for it. And for all 3 of us, it was only 60,000 won. 10/10 best black pork belly.
- Seongsan Sunrise peak – woke up at 4am for sunrise. Had a shock cause the first gate we saw was closed, so we thought we can’t go up. But saw people from a distance so followed them – went up through the ‘exit’ gate. Didn’t feel cold because of the hike (stairs non-stop). Sunrise was AMAZING – literally saw the sun looking like an egg yolk slowly rising up from the sea. (At first thought that it couldn’t be seen, because of clouds or what, cause it was getting quite bright, but nope, patience) was so excited cause probably my first proper sunrise?
- Rest: at airbnb for a while
- Paik’s Coffee: had a sausage bread and chocolate latte
- Udo Island: took the ferry there, and rented an electric bike (was quite scary at the start cause cannot control the speed haha) Lunch: Marinated pork and added on Hallasan fried rice
- Women Diver show at hallasan: bought some raw seafood to try
- Dinner: Black pork street, the store beside dumbledon. (But yesterday’s black pork near hallasan was definitely nicer)
- Shopping Street
Day 6: to Busan —> TBC